Possible to Sync settings?

mtoboll
mtoboll
Community Member

Is there a way, or can there be a way to sync settings across ALL installs (ie Windows / IOS / Browser extension) ?

I use all 3 of these and had settings in my Windows app and IOS app both set to save to a specific SHARED vault by default, but when saving a new login from my browser, it was ALWAYS saving to my PERSONAL vault. I was getting really annoyed at this and thought the feature was just broken.

But I just discovered that you also have it as a setting in the Firefox Browser extension, and I needed to change that too. So multiply that across X number of devices, and that add up to be a lot to keep track of to make sure they are all consistent.

I was assuming a setting change would be synced and updated across all installs logged in to same account, but I'm not having that experience and not finding anything that indicates it can be turned on/off. All I see in Extension settings is "Integrate with 1Password App" which I have turned ON.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.9.828
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: Windows 10 / IOS / Firefox

Comments

• warpspeed
    warpspeed
    Community Member

+1 for this. But like there’s an option for sync with desktop app… make an option to sync preferences. So that IF one wants to have different preferences, one can.

• Jack.P_1P
    edited November 2021

Hi @mtoboll and @warpspeed:

Thanks for both of your input on this. I've added your feedback to a feature request. Thanks again!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#6045

• mtoboll
    mtoboll
    Community Member

Thanks Jack, FYI, I agree with warpspeed that having an on/off option for sync would be great so users have a choice.

I personally would have sync on everywhere all the time, but realize that other users might have different needs.

• You're very welcome @mtoboll! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.