1Password Safari Extension

Hi,

I have run into an issue with the 1Password Safari Extension, downloaded from the App Store on macOS. The extension installs with no issues at all, the problem comes in when trying to unlock the extension, using my fingerprint. The only prompt that is displayed is to enter the password, there is no prompt for unlocking via biometrics. I have checked the integrate with 1Password App is turned on and this does work with Firefox, just not Safari.

Any ideas to resolve would be appreciated.
Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.9.1 (Mac App Store)
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: macOS 12.0.1

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wrwatk!

If you are using version 7.9.1 of 1Password, you don't need to install the extension from the Mac App Store, because the extension is bundled with the 1Password app. I wonder if this is why you are seeing these problems.

If you open Safari Preferences > Extensions tab, do you see more than one 1Password extension?

• wrwatk
    wrwatk
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana

Makes sense, but the reason that I wanted to use the version of 1Password from the App Store, is the interface used is the "modern" style, opposed to the "old" style currently in use in Safari. If you compare the 1Password Manager Extension in Firefox, it is different to the one in Safari that is bundled with 1Password.

Hope that all makes sense :)

• Hi @wrwatk:

1Password for Safari is designed to work with 1Password 8 for Mac, currently in Early Access. It will not integrate with 1Password 7 for Mac. As you mentioned, without 1Password 8 for Mac installed, using 1Password for Safari will require your account password, rather than being able to integrate with 1Password for Touch ID and a shared lock state.

Jack

• wrwatk
    wrwatk
    Community Member

Hi @jack.platten

Fantastic, that all makes sense now. Here's to waiting for 1Password 8 for Mac.

.Ryan

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.