Crash of macOS desktop application when using command+A for select-all in search bar

blz
blz
Community Member

I noticed this happening within the past couple days. I'm on the latest and greatest stable versions (no beta) of both 1Password desktop application and macOS. I also use the browser extension in Firefox but that's irrelevant here, I think.

If I click into the search bar in the full desktop program, type some stuff, then press command+A for "select all," the application crashes. It ONLY happens, though, when whatever I have searched for returned no results. If I search for something and at least one result is there, it works fine.

The first time I noticed this was when I was searching for Goodreads, since I could've sworn I had a login for their website. I was confused why I wasn't getting a prompt on the site, so I went to the full desktop app to investigate. I typed in Goodreads, no results, then tried to do a quick command+A to start over with "Good reads" two words in case I had messed up entering it. That's when it crashed. But I've since reproduced this with various garbage phrases entered into the search field. No results, then command+A = crash.

Anyone else experiencing this?

1Password Version: 7.9.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.0.1

Comments

• blz
    blz
    Community Member

Also, to add: this may be happening on more than one computer. When I originally noticed it yesterday, it MAY have been on my desktop (iMac, same setup and software versions). I honestly can't be 100% certain on that, though. It's for sure happening today on my Macbook. I sent the diagnostics stuff when 1Password prompted me at least a few of the times originally, then again a couple times today when it happened here on my Macbook. I'd test it on my iMac but I'm away at work.

• Jack.P_1P
    edited November 2021

Hi @blz:

I completely understand how annoying this bug is, but we do have a fix available in the beta version of 1Password 7 for Mac. If you'd like to give the beta a try, here's the guide on how to switch: Use 1Password beta releases

Let me know if you run into any more issues with this crash, or if the beta fixes it for you!

Jack

• blz
    blz
    Community Member

thanks for the heads up! Just wanted to make sure you guys were aware of it. I will see the fix when it makes it way to stable release :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @blz, and thank you again for the report :)

This discussion has been closed.