Suggestion: Notification for expiry dates

pentool
pentool
Community Member
edited November 2021 in Mac

I'd like to suggest to have a notification feature in the app. Some items, like credit cards, debit cards, driver's license, passport, and possibly many others, have expiration dates. You could optionally mark items like these and the app will notify you if the expiry date is approaching (or reached).

Some might say, ok, but credit card companies will send you a new card anyway. Well, true, but, you prolly have an internet service and store your account info in 1PW. And as we know, some services are corrupt (eg internet companies) and once you sign up for a 1 year service you need to call them to extend the service for another year in order to get a discount, else they will switch you to month-to-month which is obviously more expensive. This is another reason to mark some items to notify you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• clarino
    clarino
    Community Member
    edited November 2021

I already have a calendar app in which I schedule everything. Your suggestion would saddle people with two calendars, two sets of notifications I have to manage, etc. I don't see any obvious benefit to that.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pentool!

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to to share this feedback! We appreciate every idea that could make 1Password even better.

I can see how this could be useful to you, so while I cannot make any promises, I can tell you that I have shared your feedback internally :)

Once again, thank you and have a wonderful day!

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#55

• pentool
    pentool
    Community Member

@clarino Notifications are not required to be enabled for any app. If you don't want an app to bother you with notifications, you can simply disable it or not set it. And yes, I do schedule everything in either in Calendar or Reminders as well but I figured this could be helpful for some who want it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, this could be up to the individual user to choose whether to benefit from the feature or not :+1:

This discussion has been closed.