Defaults to main Collection on restart

With each restart of app, or seems even with enough inactivity to log out, the selected Collection reverts back to the main one. Meaning when using Quick Access it shows all Vaults and not the desired ones by custom Collection. So I have to manually go in again and select the desired Collection to get it to work...

1Password Version: 8.4.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @krusnof !

This should be fixed in the latest nightly build 80400039. For me the collection and the category is remembered when restarting 1Password. Give it a try. :)

• Hi @krusnof (and @DenalB ),

The fix has also made it's way into 80400040, which is on the beta channel.

Have a good weekend,

James

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Good to know @James.Dressel_1P :+1:

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member

Still not working on 80400047, on NIGHTLY channel
    However, it defaults to the the first Collection based on alphabetical order... So not main Collection...

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

@krusnof
    For me it works in 45-BETA. My selected vault (not the first one) is remembered...

But I'm on the Windows version.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Still broken for me, on macOS (nightly) and Windows (beta).

• namiaro
    namiaro
    Community Member
    edited November 2021

For me it works fine in 1Password for Windows 8.4.0 80400049 nightly - 1P8 remembers last used Collection, no matter what its name is.

• Thanks for this update, @namiaro! 😀

@XIII, what versions of the app are you currently running? If a fix isn't working post-update, we'll certainly want to follow up on that.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Seems OK now (80400049 nightly)

Maybe I had to quit the App one more time after updating?

(Maybe the bug was in saving the state, not in restoring it?)

• Thanks for the update XIII. Let us know if you have other suggestions/questions. Interesting thought on the save/restore state. I'll have to leave that to a developer.

• @XIII, Thanks for following up. That makes sense. The solution was indeed a change to saving the state, instead of restoring. So your first launch on 80400040 would have nothing to restore.

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member

Still and issue for me in 80500008. Problem is the main app is defaulting to the main collection and hence quick access does as well. Might be due to updating to new versions that resets it?

• namiaro
    namiaro
    Community Member
    edited November 2021

For me it was fixed in the latest nightly but it stopped working again after updating to official stable release.

• I'm on nightly builds (I've been pleasently surprised by progress!) and my main gripe now is after each lock the collection reverts to everything. I'd really like it to stick to the collection previously selected before the lock.

80500011, on NIGHTLY channel

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member

Still issue on 80500013

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Seems to be a regression indeed; it worked on an earlier build, but is broken again on the nightly.

• It doesn't seem to be a restart that does it for me but each time it's locked.

• Hi folks, thanks for the update. We appreciate you letting us know about this one and have informed the developers.

ref: dev/core/core#11004

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member

Still.................... 80500036

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the updates @krusnof! Hopefully our developers will be able to address this soon, keep an eye out on the release notes to see when this has been fixed :+1:

• daemon
    daemon
    Community Member

Would this be the same as reverting to sort of an all vaults? When I relaunch or start after a shutdown it will show like an account view and all is seen. Then if I switch to the collection I want it is good, but it always goes back to the account view. I would like a preference for default collection. Similar to the one for vaults in all vaults.

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member

Still the same issue on: 80500073

• alexclst
    alexclst
    Community Member

Definitely still see this issue as well, on the latest nightly.

• Hi folks! Thanks for keeping track of this one. We're aware that this is not yet fixed in the current Nightly, but it's still on our radar. I'll keep an eye on this personally and will post any relevant news about it here as well. Thanks for your patience!

• xazac
    xazac
    Community Member

+1

• :)

Ben

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member

3 months and still not fixed...

• @krusnof we're working on improving the overall robustness and performance of the app as a whole, and some issues may take a bit longer than others. But worry not - we are indeed aware of this one, and as I mentioned on Jan 4 we'll be sure to post about it in the forums when we have news!

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member

@PeterG_1P well....
    "January 5 2022
    1Password for Mac 8.5.0-79"

Shouldn't that be corrected then if not true?

This discussion has been closed.