1password beta extension isn't working on Safari

LordOfTheFiles
LordOfTheFiles
Community Member
edited November 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Here's a gif of what I'm talking about. When I hit CMD+\ nothing happens. When I click the little icon in the field it tells me to hit the toolbar one. and when I hit the toolbar one nothing happens.
https://cln.sh/uahQuo

Thank you!

1Password Version: 8.4.0
Extension Version: 2.1.3
OS Version: 12.0.1

Comments

• I wonder, do you have multiple 1Password extensions enabled in Safari Preferences > Extensions?

• LordOfTheFiles
    LordOfTheFiles
    Community Member

Hi there,

No I don't. This problem went away for a bit but now it's back. None of the 1password buttons do anything - in the fields or the browser window. Help!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @LordOfTheFiles ,

It looks like the extension is unable to launch the 1Password 8 desktop app. Usually a simple restart to the desktop app should do the trick:

1. Right-click the little 1Password icon in your Mac's menu bar (where the clock is) and select "Quit".
    2. Launch and unlock 1Password 8.
    3. Test and see if the extension in Safari now works as expected. If not, quit Safari completely, then relaunch it and test again.

In case the issue persists, we'll need some logs and a diagnostics report to figure out what is happening there, but let us know how the above steps go first.

This discussion has been closed.