missing feature sorting by web adress

Hello.

I'm new to 1password since yesterday and I did a mistake by importing all passwords from firefox and chrome. Now I have a big bunch of doubles and can't get rid of them beacuse those from chrome got named with the URL and those from firefox are unnamed.
The iOS App has the option to sort logins by URL but it's not very comfortable to delete logins there. I tried to do this with the windows app but this feature is missing there, isn't it?
Can someone give me a hint how to get rid of hundreds of logins that have been imported twice? Maybe this feature is available at linux? or anything else that is as comfortable as sorting by url?

thanks in advance
Tobias

1Password Version: 7.9.825
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Hey there @sefre, I apologize for the trouble here! Currently it is not possible to sort vault contents on Windows (or Linux) via URL - my sincere apologies for this.

Do your Google and Firefox exports contain nearly-identical sets of data? If so, one potential option would be to archive all your items, and then re-import only your Google password data - that way, you would have one set of non-duplicated data, while still retaining access to your Firefox export in case any password data is present exclusively in the Firefox export.

If you'd like to try that option and would like some assistance, feel free to shoot me an email at support+windows@1password.com and I'll be happy to help out. :smile:

• sefre
    sefre
    Community Member

Thanks for your reply. You wrote that it’s not possible on windows and Linux. Is it possible on Mac OS? If not I will think about the other option but it’s a pain in the ass because I changed so many passwords in the last days. a reimport won’t fit for the most used accounts anymore.

• Hi @sefre, thanks for getting back to us.

In 1Password for Mac version 7, you can sort by Show Websites with Multiple Items to locate and gather all items that have duplicated URLs.

This should ease the process for manually removing any duplicate items while using 1Password for Mac. I would suggest archiving those items until you are sure they are no longer needed at which point you can delete or restore those items from your archive.

Additionally, if you have accidently deleted an item that you still need, you can follow this guide to view and restore previous versions of items on 1Password.com.

If you need anything further, just let us know. We'll be here to help! :)

• sefre
    sefre
    Community Member

Thats great thnaks. I'll do it with my Mac at work and many thanks for the hint to archive instead of delete. Thats also great.
    thanks again and stay healthy.

• You're most welcome, @sefre! I'm glad I could help. :)

Please let us know if you need anything further and have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.