Copy multiple items under Wayland with password managers

LeDidi
LeDidi
Community Member

Hey 1P,

first of all: Thank you for this nice piece of software! I really like it :+1:

Since a few weeks, I encounter the following problem: When using Gnome extensions like Clipboard Indicator or any other password manager like CopyQ or GPaste, one 1P item "blocks" the clipboard after copying.

For example:
1. Copy the user name → username properly gathered by clipboard manager. Pasting will insert uname.
2. Copy the password → pasting in 1P client pastes the password, but clipboard manager is not updated. Outside of 1P, uname will be inserted.
3. Remove the 1P first item in clipboard manager → new item can be copied and will be visible in clipboard manager. When pasting, new item is pasted in other apps too.

Changing DE to Plasma (Wayland) will lead to an empty entry in Klipper when copying, but when pasting, actual item is inserted. Same counts when other item is copied.

Disabling clipboard manager will fix this, however, for some legacy X11 apps, I need to select the item copied in clipboard manager to make the X11 application aware of a changed clipboard (...).
Disabling / enabling password clearing after 90 seconds has no effect.

I don't have this problem with other Electron apps, this is way I open this case. Gnome: 41.1, Wayland.

Thank you!

1Password Version: 8.4.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Fedora 35

Comments

• Hello LeDidi.

Thanks so much for writing in. I am very happy to hear that you are enjoying using 1Password. Let me start out with re-assuring you that I was able to reproduce part of the issue you described with GPaste and 1Password 8.4.0. GPaste picked up on the first field copy in 1Password but not subsequent copies unless a copy is done in another app between the two. I have recently landed a change that fixes this issue. That change has not yet reached the beta channel but it should be out soon.

• LeDidi
    LeDidi
    Community Member

Hey Mathieu,

exciting news! Thank you for investigating this and pushing the fix :+1: I'll let you know when this is resolved

Keep up the good work!
    Christoph

• Thanks @LeDidi , great to hear that Mathieu was able to help here! We'll keep working to impress you 😃

This discussion has been closed.