Secure Desktop Logon missing

oksoftware
oksoftware
Community Member

Hello, in 1Password 7 for Windows there was a handy feature that when I pressed Ctrl+Enter on the logon screen, it re-opened the logon window on a secure desktop. Do you plan to return the feature or is it somehow hidden? Also the list of shortcuts is not complete, e.g. Ctrl+R for revealing passwords is missing.

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• SugarRush
    SugarRush
    Community Member

Seems it will be available but isn't yet in the stable release according to a reply from @jack.platten.

See: https://1password.community/discussion/125204/1password-8-secure-unlock

• Hey @oksoftware:

@SugarRush beat me to it! :chuffed: As I mentioned there, we're still putting the finishing touches on Secure Unlock, and while it isn't available in stable just yet, using beta or nightlies, and pressing ctrl+enter in the password field will allow you to unlock on the Secure Desktop.

As for the list of shortcuts not being complete, we currently have an open feature request to add the reveal shortcut to the shortcut list, so I'll make sure your feedback is added to that. Thanks again!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#10449

• oksoftware
    oksoftware
    Community Member

@jack.platten Thank you for the answer. I am glad the secure logon is coming. But another really wanted feature: searching not only for titles, but also for the content of items. For example, I have approx. 50 entries containing some special access credentials (in the list of other almost 3000 entries) and each entry contains a GUID stored in an extra field. From time to time I need to find some item by its GUID and find appropriate credentials (the title contains some meaningful description, not usable for GUID). Now this is not possible in 1Password 8. Do you plan to return this functionality?
    Igor

• Hi @oksoftware, search is definitely something the development team is continuing to work on, and I'm happy to pass on your feedback. I hope this is helpful!

ref: dev/core/core#7775

This discussion has been closed.