1password 8 otp insertion problem

antariuz
antariuz
Community Member

Dear 1Password team,
Could you, please, tell me how to scan QR code from the updated 8 version app and insert it to otp field? In the previous version (v.7) I had three options of insertion: from clipboard, from image file and from my screen, it was extremly comfortable for me. But in 8 version when I add new otp field I haven't any option to choose.
Here is in old version:

And here is in new version:

I look forward to hearing from you ASAP.

1Password Version: 7.9.828 and 8.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 11

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @antariuz !

Actually, 1PW 8 doesn't have the possibility to scan QR codes. But there is a workaround that you could use. With the help of 1Password in the browser extension, you are able to scan QR codes.

Hope this works for you. :)

• antariuz
    antariuz
    Community Member

@DenalB thank you, but I'm using different browsers at the same moment for the testing purposes of my app. It was a good feature in the previous version and it's sad that I must back to the previous version. Could you, please, convey my ask to your dev team for creating this feature? I would appreciate it.

• Jack.P_1P
    edited November 2021

Hey @antariuz:

While @DenalB isn't a 1Password employee, I am and I'd be happy to forward your feedback :smile: Thanks for the assist here!

We currently have an open feature request for this, so I've added your input to the issue. Thanks!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#5963

• antariuz
    antariuz
    Community Member

@jack.platten thank you a lot!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Jack, you are welcome @antariuz! If you have any other questions or suggestions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.