Any way to make Windows Hello default to face instead of PIN?

Options
osyras
osyras
Community Member

I am new to 1password and just set it up on my surface pro 4 and for some reason it defaults to using PIN instead of camera to authenticate. Is there any way to force it to use face first?

Thanks
Danny

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10

Comments

• Hi @osyras - you should be able to set this in the Windows sign-in settings menu (since AFAIK 1Password itself isn't determining what Windows Hello method is used, but only whether the Hello service itself is called upon to authenticate).

You can get to that menu like this:

1. In the Windows search bar, type "Windows hello"
    2. Select the **Sign-In Options* item that comes up

Once there, your options will differ depending on whether you have facial recognition set up already. Do you see anything there that explains the PIN-vs-facial recognition issue you've seen?

• osyras
    osyras
    Community Member
    Options

@PeterG_1P - thanks for taking the time to help out! In windows hello they are both enabled and when I log onto the system it uses face by default. I could not find any mechanism within the Hello settings to change the order or priority.

Thanks
    Danny

• PeterG_1P
    edited November 2021
    Options

Sure thing @osyras - I'll follow up with our developers to see if there's anything further we can do about this (it's possible there may not be, but I'll try). Here's hoping! 🤞

• osyras
    osyras
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome - TY!

Danny

• Hey again @osyras - unfortunately this looks like something that is indeed within Windows' control, and outside the scope of what we're able to help with. 😞 I do apologize - I wish there was more we could do here!

This discussion has been closed.