FaceID keeps disappearing

Options
tony359
tony359
Community Member
edited November 2021 in iOS

Hello,

I am having some issues with 1Password on my iPhone.
It's set to use FaceID and sometimes it asks me the password instead - I understand that, particularly when rebooting etc. The problem is that once I type the password manually, the following time... it still asks me to type the password.
I can go into the settings and toggle the FaceID line. FaceID will come back for a while, then 1Password will start asking the password again. I'm talking about days, not months.

Can anybody help please? It worked fine for a couple of months, since I purchased it.

Thanks!
Tony

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 14.8

Comments

• Hi @tony359:

This definitely isn't the experience we want you to have when unlocking 1Password! Does Face ID fail to work when using AutoFill to fill in an app, or when opening 1Password for iOS? If you're having trouble with Face ID in AutoFill, open and unlock 1Password for iOS, then try again. Let me know how that goes.

Also, I've moved your thread to the iOS section. :smile:

Jack

• tony359
    tony359
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jack
    Thanks!
    To clarify, FaceID is not available when that happens. I believe that if I open and log into 1Password, it does not change the situation - I have to toggle "FaceID" in the settings for FaceID to be available again (for a few days). But next time it happens I'll try and report back.

Thanks for moving the post - apologies for posting in the wrong section.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No worries at all @tony359! Let us know what you find out :+1:

This discussion has been closed.