1password suggesting credit card even though Never Suggest in Browser is set

fiat124
fiat124
Community Member
edited November 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Hello, been using 1pw for a few years now and really like it.
I have exactly 1 credit card saved in 1pw that I use very rarely and specifically selected the option for Never Suggest In Browser.
EVERY time I go to a website that asks for a credit card, 1pw suggests this credit card.
Ive tried changing it to Suggest then back to Never Suggest and no change. It does this in Firefox and Safari
Does this option not do what I think it should be doing? How can I get it to store the credit card info but NOT suggest it?
Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.9.1
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: MacOS 11.6.1

Comments

• Hey @fiat124:

Glad to hear you like 1Password so much! :smile: As it currently stands, the setting for "never suggest in browser" is for our older extensions. We have an open feature request to support this setting in the new extension, so I've added your feedback to the issue as well. :smile:

Jack

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#534

• fiat124
    fiat124
    Community Member

Thank you; it's been very frustrating that there is no indication within the app that this is for older extensions only.
    If I may suggest, there should be a warning inside the Edit next to that Display field that says "only valid for extensions version x.y" until its fully implemented.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the feedback @fiat124. Hopefully the developers will be able to add support for this field in the new extension too, so we won't need the warning message in the first place :+1:

This discussion has been closed.