Browser extension problems in Vivaldi 🤬

JDub
JDub
Community Member

Hi. I'm having some annoying problems with 1P v8 on my MBP 16 M1 Max using Vivaldi.

The Chrome 1P extension is not liking Vivaldi for some reason and won't maintain a connection between the main app and the browser. In v7, 1P mini regularly states to 'install the browser extension', even though the extension is not only installed but logged in. On my Intel machine with v7, a full quit of 1P plus a restart, tends to solve it for a bit - but on the M1, the browser and the app seem to be separate entities with no connection between them?!

What's worse, is that the browser extension on the M1 keeps forgetting the authentication, so I have to keep typing my 40+ char password every time I want to access something (quite a lot). It's getting really annoying now - and hugely interrupting my workflow. I used to just use touch ID, which was great. Any ideas?

J>

1Password Version: beta 80400053
Extension Version: beta 2.1.8
OS Version: MacOS 12.0.1 (21A559)

Comments

• JDub
    JDub
    Community Member

I moved to the 1P beta versions in an attempt to try and solve it...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JDub!

but on the M1, the browser and the app seem to be separate entities with no connection between them?!

If you open the 1Password browser extension settings on this machine, is the integration between the 1Password app and the browser extension enabled?

• JDub
    JDub
    Community Member

Yes, that option is enabled. :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JDub:

Thank you for the confirmation! Can you please send us some logs so we can take a closer look for you?

After you have sent the email, please post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• JDub
    JDub
    Community Member

Support email sent with both app and extension logs. No ticket number received yet.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JDub:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: GGR-58795-625

• JDub
    JDub
    Community Member

Thanks for your attention with this. 👍

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.