adding an account to 1password 8

pikajude0
pikajude0
Community Member

Accounts dropdown -> Manage Accounts -> Add an Account -> Sign in on 1Password.com

this sends me to Chrome, so I click on the account I want to add, which then sends me back to the desktop app and prompts me to enter my password. after i enter it, i get sent back to Chrome again with a 2FA prompt. i complete the prompt with the message it sends to my phone, then i get sent to the account login webpage. if i log in there, i get 1password in my browser. meanwhile, the loading icon in the desktop app spins forever.

is it possible to add an account for 1password desktop if it has 2 factor auth?

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pikajude0!

Do you see the same behavior even if you don't click on Sign in on 1Password.,com, but instead fill in the login from directly in the 1Password for Mac app?

• pikajude0
    pikajude0
    Community Member

if i do that then i get sent straight to chrome for the 2FA prompt and it continues on as i described in my original post.

• rrrrrrrrrrr
    rrrrrrrrrrr
    Community Member

Would like to second this, i'm having the same issue on the new 8, attempting to add a business account and personal account. Personal add's fine, but business w/ mfa doesn't. I get put in the same infinite loop you outline above. I've tried on multiple machines, tried adding to the browser addon (which works but then doesn't sync), tried using manual as advised above, QR code, all of it. I'm now am having to downgrade back to 1password 7, have wasted a bunch of time trying to get it to work, not ideal and hope it can be fixed.

• HI @rrrrrrrrrrr and @pikajude0, are you perchance using Duo as your 2FA method?

Whatever the case, I'll be happy to look into this further for you - our team wants to make sure this issue is addressed!

• rrrrrrrrrrr
    rrrrrrrrrrr
    Community Member

Hi @PeterG_1P, yes we're using Duo which is really the only 'push' notification option (as 1password native is just OTP).

• Understood, thanks @rrrrrrrrrrr. This is a known issue and one our development team is working to address. If you can send us a very brief email at support+windows@1Password.com (with a link to this discussion, so we understand the context), we'll be happy to add you to our list of affected customers and contact you when a fix is available. I'll hope to see you over there!

• rrrrrrrrrrr
    rrrrrrrrrrr
    Community Member

@PeterG_1P done, thanks.

• PeterG_1P
    edited November 2021

Thanks @rrrrrrrrrrr ! We'll continue to follow up over there. 👍

[JSW-91424-271]

This discussion has been closed.