1PW8 cannot delete a vault

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

I just created a new vault in 1PW8, but now can't delete it. I can't find any way to get to any kind of "edit" functionality, which was a solution in the past.

1Password Version: 8.4.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Postscript - I can delete it from Android, but Windows version 8.4.0 is a mystery.

• Hey @Peter_Wang:

Thanks for asking! The ability to delete vaults is on our roadmap, and it simply hasn't been added yet to 1Password 8. Keep an eye out for updates!

Jack

• J13n
    J13n
    Community Member

This isn't good enough. A major new version of 1Password that compromises heavily both in terms of performance, design, and feature set, with a roadmap that will maybe eventually get us to feature parity with what every 1Password customer has already paid for… I cannot express enough how disappointing this 1Password 8 trajectory is.

For anyone else who comes across this thread wondering why a basic feature has been removed, and wants to catch up, this thread is worth a read: https://1password.community/discussion/122452/electron

• PeterG_1P
    edited December 2021

HI @J13n , while it's true that every feature that was in 1Password 7* isn't yet implemented in 1Password 8, we're definitely working around the clock to provide an app that not only meets the standard by 7, but surpasses it. There are a number of new features I could mention here, but ultimately the proof will of course be in your user experience - and we hope that you'll stick with us and that you'll find forthcoming updates will make the app even more responsive, robust, and featureful (is that a word?) than it already is.

*(or I should say, the _most current version of 1Password 7, which was a product of lengthy iterative development)_

In the meantime, I hear the call for a delete vault option in the desktop app, and have submitted it to our development team as a feature request. With thanks to the community for helping us prioritize!

ref: dev/core/core#8356

• J13n
    J13n
    Community Member

Thanks for the kind words, @PeterG_1P. πŸ™‡

• My pleasure, @J13n πŸ˜„

• aghud
    aghud
    Community Member

i am a newbie and trying out 1pw at the moment i wanted to import passwords from another app but the results are bad( cluttered and not ellegable) so i wanted to delete them ... no chance...
    i hope this is not a deciding factor if i stay with this app

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @aghud !

Are you using 1Password 8 desktop app in Windows? If yes, just select all entries, right-click and delete them. Doesn't this work for you?

• Hi @aghud, thanks for this question. As @DenalB mentioned, you can indeed select all items and delete at once, if you want to.

You can select all using ctrl + a on Windows, or cmd + a on Mac. Then right-click and select delete. Does that work for you?

If there's anything else we can help with, or you'd like some support getting started with the app generally, feel free to contact us at support@1Password.com, too. We'll be happy to provide individualized advice and sort out any obstacles you might encounter. We'll hope to hear from you! πŸ˜ƒ

• Hello @Peter_Wang and @J13n, we have an update for you! πŸ₯³

In the newest 1Password 8 Beta release, we have added options to edit and delete vaults from within the app. This comes in addition to a bevy of other recent changes, including ones that allow you to adjust the GUI more flexibly.

Full details on the release here, in case you're interested in trying it:

https://releases.1password.com/windows/beta/#1password-for-windows-8.7.0-41

And while this hasn't yet made it to the Production channel, it should in the near future, once we've put things through our usual Beta-to-Production testing process. πŸ‘

I hope this is to your liking, and will look forward to learning about your experience with it!

This discussion has been closed.