The app was not correctly configured and cannot access your Dropbox

13»

Comments

• ranklord
    ranklord
    Community Member

Just found this thread after suddenly encountering the same problem - suddenly 1Password app on the Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G stopped syncing via Dropbox. It's already very frustrating, but it's even worse for me...

I completely reinstalled everything - Dropbox and then the 1Password app. Now, when I launch the 1Password app, a welcome screen appears asking me to register and asking, "Already using 1Password?" and four options - 1Password.com, Dropbox, WLAN Server and Local storage.

So, when I choose Dropbox, I see a screen with a single field asking me to enter my master password, but only for a split second. Then I get the message: "Error: The app was not configured correctly and cannot access your Dropbox. OK."

Even when I manage to return to the previous screen and enter my master password (actually, it can be anything - I tried), the app says: "There was an error locating your vault in Dropbox (UNKOWN_VALUE). Please, try again."

Next thing is that if I use syncing via WLAN server, which works, then I have no option to change how I sync afterwards. There is simply no more choice...

Any advice on how I can fix this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• alambert
    alambert
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue, and because I'm on Chrome OS I can't use the workaround. Any help would be appreciated.

I have zero linked devices in my Dropbox account. Dropbox is not installed on Android.
    App: I can repro this on 7.9 and 7.9.1.BETA-2

Repro steps:

1. Install 1Password from the Play Store
    2. Start 1Password
    3. Click Dropbox
    4. Chrome opens. Click Allow.
    5. Dropbox opens. Enter your passphrase.

Expected:

Vault opens

Actual: Toast with "There was an error locating a 1Password vault in Dropbox (UNKNOWN_VALUE). Please try again."

Because I'm on Chrome OS, not an Android phone, I can't use the hardware back button workaround.

• CraigP56
    CraigP56
    Community Member

Same issue. 1passwqord 7.9 android on a Samsung ultra 20 wants to up my opvault. I use 1password (cloud) on all my devices and did use dropbox many years ago. I removed the dropbox app. Still bugging me to upgrade. I went to dropbox and renamed the folders where the old data was. The last time the files were touched was over two years ago. I changed the folder names. Before this when I let android do the upgrade it would time out. I'm, guessing. I use this on my mac, iphone, windows and no issues just my android phone. It's making me nuts.

• Hey everyone! Dropbox fixed this issue in the 262.2.2 update which was released a few days ago. Please update Dropbox and let us know if that resolves the issue!

• brian5542
    brian5542
    Community Member

Hello

is work for me

Thanks you

• Glad to hear it's working for you now @brian5542! :smile:

• brian5542
    brian5542
    Community Member

Yes ! :)

• ag_ana