Safari autofill Missing options/suggestions

Options
as91
as91
Community Member

Hello, I recently started using the 1password8 beta and safari extension to make use of the fastmail email generate option. However, now whenever a 1password autofill prompt comes up (Mailing addresses, email, etc.) There is only 1 option in the autofill menu to pick from for these fields. In previous versions, the autofill menu would show multiple options to fill in but now it seems to only show 1 option from my ID/contact card with no way to switch between the other emails/physical addresses.

Any way to get this to work like the previous version?
I completely uninstalled 1password7 and only have the new extension enabled in Safari (Integrate with 1password app checked), and have tried beta/nightly builds of 1password8. Also disabled icloud keychan autofill, and disabled all other safari extensions, and ofc a couple reboots.

Below is how autofill currently looks, previously there would be multiple emails or suggestions or a way to switch between options.

Thanks for any clarity on this and apologies if I missed something obvious!

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: 12.0.1

Comments

• as91
    as91
    Community Member
    Options

After further research this post can be disregarded. I must have been incorrectly remembering how this works.

I guess to achieve this I would have to create multiple identities for each email or physical address in order for this to work.

It would be great if we could utilize more than 1 email or mailing address for each identity.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @as91 ,

Indeed, previously 1Password would just suggest all identity items. Now it suggest specific fields from identity items. So if you have one identity item that contains an email field and other identity items that do not, it will only suggest the email from that one identity item.

Using multiple identity items is great for separation of information (e.g. personal info, work info, family relatives info etc), but you can just as well create an identity item that only contains an email address for that purpose alone. :)

This discussion has been closed.