Feedback on 1Password in the browser vs 1Password Classic

mtissington
mtissington
Community Member
edited November 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I briefly tried the 1Password 8 beta and noticed the classic browser extension no longer worked.
Pressing the short cut key no longer filled in the user/password fields.

This is a request - PLEASE do not force us to use the new browser extension.
There are folks using the classic extension and are much more happy with it!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @mtissington:

1Password 8 will not support the classic extension, only the newer 1Password in the browser extension. The autofill shortcut you mentioned is still available when using 1Password 8 combined with 1Password in the browser. If there is only one Login item for a site, using the Fill in Browser shortcut will fill that Login item in when on that site. If there are multiple Login items for a site, using the Fill in Browser shortcut will show the list of possible logins.

Would you mind elaborating on what pain points you have with 1Password in the browser that make you prefer the classic extension? We love hearing your feedback in order to make 1Password better for everyone!

Jack

• mtissington
    mtissington
    Community Member

With the classic extension I can press ctrl+\ use touch id if required and I'm done.
    1 or 2 steps at most.

With the new extension I find it frequently pops up asking if I want it to do things or it requires extra steps.
    Or it guess wrong with what I want it to do.

I don't want to see it until I ask it to do something.
    And it must not take more steps to do the same thing that the classic extension is already doing well.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @mtissington ,

The new extension works the same with CMD+\ as the classic extension did:

• If there's only 1 login item for the website, it will autofill it.
    • If there's more than 1 login item for this website, it will display the suggestions menu allowing you to select the relevant login item to autofill.

The only difference is that the new extension also shows up on its own inside fields and suggests autofilling even without pressing the shortcut, but you can turn that behavior off by going into the extension's settings page and toggling "Show autofill menu on field focus" off.

This discussion has been closed.