In Facebook desktop site password gets entered twice

Options

Hi,

not sure if proper area is this or Linux, but anyway reporting what I encountered (was not able to find similar issue with search):

I am using 1Password browser extension with Brave in Ubuntu. At Facebook desktop site the auto-fill seems to enter the password two times as concatenated string to password field. E.g. if the real password is 'password', the auto-fill enters 'passwordpassword'. In my Android device the mobile Facebook site and the app don't show this behaviour, so seems to be related only to desktop browser, and only to Facebook website, as I have not seen this with any other website. I was able to reproduce this with Firefox 1Password extension as well. Also removed the password from 1Password and entered it again, but the phenomenon persisted.

Not sure if this is issue with 1Password, browser, Facebook, OS or something else. Not a critical but occasionally annoying thing. :)

Browser version details in case it's important:
Brave - Version 1.31.91 Chromium: 95.0.4638.69n
Firefox - 94.0

Br, -A

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @antman1 ,

I'm trying to replicate the issue you are describing but things seem to work ok on my Mac with Brave and the 1Password extension 2.1.4 .
    The page I'm testing it on is Facebook's homepage (when logged out): https://www.facebook.com/

Can you please try deleting your Facebook login entry from 1Password completely (but copy the username/password to a temp location first), then save a brand new login on that page and see if the new login autofills as expected? I suspect your current login entry contains additional fields from when it was originally saved that may cause this.

• antman1
    antman1
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I deleted the Facebook item from 1Password vault, re-created it and got rid of the problem. Great it was not a bug after all, I didn't suspect anything like this as in Android everything was working as should.

While deleting the FB item from 1Password vault, I noted that in the item details under the login info there was section "site" and under that sub-item "Saved by facebook.com", where my password was stored the second time. This might have caused the double entry, but I think FB site has stored it on behalf of myself since I have not done that.

Anyway thanks for great support, and I am glad the issues was fixed this easily. :)

-AM

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad to hear it :chuffed: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.