Masked email did not work on site with “guest checkout”

bdprice
bdprice
Community Member
edited November 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

On my iPad with iOS 15.1, I was ordering online from a site that uses hungerrush. I was going to check out as a guest without creating an account, as I have done many times on the same site. I let 1Password create a masked email address, and when I clicked on submit, I got an error about “captcha score too low”. Since I had used that site before, I suspected it was the masked email address, and when I put in my regular email address, it worked fine. I have not used that site since then, and I am not sure if it didn’t like the masked email because it was auto-filled and not typed in, or it just did not like that particular email address. When I entered my regular email address, I typed it in as opposed to using auto-fill. Either way, hungerrush did not like the masked email address. Whether it’s the email address itself or an auto-fill issue, that could make using masked email kind of a pain. Any ideas or do we just need to report specific sites?

_1Password Version: 7.9.3
_Extension Version: 2.1.4
_OS Version: 15.1

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @bdprice ,
    Sorry for the late response.

The error of "Captcha score too low" means the website's captcha security thought you were either a bot or a security risk. It might be related to the fact that you autofilled the page really quickly after it loaded and sent to form immediately, which is more of a "bot like" behavior. I doubt it is related to the masked email itself but who knows?

If you are able to provide us with exact steps to reproduce on demand we will be able to investigate further and see if there's anything that can be done on our side of things, even though this is more of an issue on the website's end.

• bdprice
    bdprice
    Community Member

Yes, I did assume it thought I was a bot, and I figured it was either from using autofill or from the address itself. When I was on that page, I let it autofill with a new masked email address. When I entered it, it gave the error I mentioned, and since I assumed it was one of the two reasons stated, I manually entered my existing email address, and all was fine. I did not try to manually enter the masked email address, but that would've been interesting to try. If I use that site again, I'll try that. Thank you!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

No problem :chuffed:
    We're here if you require further assistance with this.

This discussion has been closed.