1 password 8 early release

cybercon
cybercon
Community Member
edited November 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Im not sure this is the forum to discuss unofficial releases, but I will give it a go

Benn useing the early release know for a while. All seems to run smooth, in all browsers actually. But
When filling a login, at least on my side the OTP is never copied, I have to fill it manually copying it from the extension. Is this supposed to be like this, or am I missing something,
Are there som kind of settings in Monterey that have to let 1 password 8 use the paste bord ?

All help will be apreciated

1Password Version: 8.4.0
Extension Version: 2.1.8
OS Version: macOS Monterey, stable

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @cybercon ,

The OTP should be automatically filled in when you autofill the username and password (even if it shows up on the follow-up page and not on the same page).
    If you encounter a website(s) where the OTP is not being autofilled after you have successfully autofilled the username and password, we'll want to improve that.

Please send us a link to the website(s) in question so we can test it there. If the website requires a real paid account, we won't be able to sign up and test it though, so it would be best if you collect the OTP field's info for us like so:

1. Get to the OTP field.
    2. Right-click anywhere on the page and select "1Password" -> "Help" -> "Collect Page Structure".
    3. Send that downloaded file to us via email to support+x@1password.com with a short description of the issue.
  • cybercon
    cybercon
    Community Member

Thanks for your answer
    But, this is not occuring on only one page, this happens on all pages I have stored in one password with OTP. Username and Password fills fine, but no OTP is copied.
    I have to manually fetch the OTP key from the extension.
    This happens in both Firefox, Safari and Chrome

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2021

Thanks for clarifying @cybercon .

As I mentioned, 1Password should autofill the OTP directly unto the page, not copy it. We removed the copy method from the extension so no copying is needed. If the OTP is not being autofilled on any of your websites, we'd like to figure out why.

Are the websites you're using are in a non-English language? perhaps there are some keywords and clues we can add to 1Password from your native language that will help 1Password recognize OTP fields.

Also, do you have an account on a major global website, such as Amazon or Facebook or Twitter with 2FA enabled? If so, does the TOTP not being autofilled there as well?

It would really help us if you can collect some examples and send them over to us so we can analyze these pages where it is not working, so if you'd like to invest a few minutes in this:

1. Get to a few OTP pages.
    2. Collect the page's structure by right-clicking on the page -> 1Password -> Help -> Collect page structure.
    3. Send the downloaded file(s) to support+x@1password.com with a short description and a link to this discussion here so we can connect the dots.
This discussion has been closed.