Quick Access is being foregrounded but its search field is not given focus

Options

Problem Description:
When using the menu bar to open quick access, the quick access popup does go towards the foreground on the screen, but its search field is not given focus, so when you start typing, you are typing into the password field of whatever login window you want to fill, rather than the quick access search field.

Steps To Reproduce:
1) Be presented a login window you want to fill.
2) Click the 1Password Menu Bar icon.
3) Start typing, expecting your input to go into the Quick Access popup's search field...as it has been in the past.

Result:
Whatever application window that is presenting the login authentication fields retains focus, so your typing to search Quick Access, instead is input into the username or search field there.

Expected Result:
When you bring up Quick Access, it is foregrounded and its search field is given focus, such that when you type you are immediately searching in Quick Access.

1Password Version: 8.4.0
Extension Version: 80400053
OS Version: macOS 12.0.1

Comments

• Hi @mikesilva , thanks for your detailed description of the issue here. Out of curiosity: are you using a multiple-monitor setup? We're definitely interested in getting to the bottom of the app behavior you've described here.

ref: dev/core/core#9619

• mikesilva
    mikesilva
    Community Member
    Options

Nope. I’m seeing this behavior when working on my MacBook Pro, without an external display attached ever.

• kmkoni
    kmkoni
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here, happens every time I try to log in to Office.

• raws
    raws
    Community Member
    Options

I've noticed this behavior as well, on a MacBook Pro 18,4 with 1Password 8.4.0 (80400053) in all sorts of display configurations: just the laptop screen, laptop screen with an external display, and clamshell mode with multiple external displays.

• peterforeman
    peterforeman
    Community Member
    Options

This is also driving me insane! I use keyboard shortcuts and the quick access in 1P7 works great. But this focus issue makes me use the mouse every time as I have to click on the text input field first before I can start typing. I really hate this in 1P8 and wants me to go back to 7.

Also, when using the keyboard shortcut, I see a short glitch in which the popup seems bigger and then resets to the small, empty, searchbar but this is not a functional problem.

This discussion has been closed.