Multiple vaults on windows 8

Options
learnfpga
learnfpga
Community Member

I have 1password 8 for windows installed on my computer and a browser addon on firefox. I primarily use firefox most of the time. In addition, I have two vaults for kids and they use chrome profiles. This way each kid can log into their respective 1password on their specific chrome profile. Since I installed 1password 8 for windows they are not able to log into their vaults on chrome. Do I need to remove 1password 8? Is there a way I can use 1password 8 to log into all three vaults? (my primary vault and two vaults for kids.

Thanks,
Shantanu

1Password Version: 1password 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: WIndows 10

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @learnfpga!

Since I installed 1password 8 for windows they are not able to log into their vaults on chrome.

What happens when they try to do this? Do they get an error message?

Is there a way I can use 1password 8 to log into all three vaults? (my primary vault and two vaults for kids.

1Password 8 only supports vaults stored on 1Password.com, so the app won't see your Primary vault. But for confirmation, to make sure this is not just a naming confusion: your primary vault stored on iCloud or Dropbox, correct?

• learnfpga
    learnfpga
    Community Member
    Options

When they go in their chrome browser profile and try to access 1password (only their respective vaults) they cannot log in. When they click on 1password app on chrome to log in they cannot even type their password. Its as if, the windows 8 app prevents them from accessing their vault. If I log out of windows 8 app and then go into chrome browser and supply password for the vault, then, it say's wrong password, because it is expecting password for my vault. Finally, if I uninstall windows app then firefox and chrome work separately and we are able to log into our respective vaults.

This is all on windows machine and not on iCloud or Dropbox etc.

• kurtd
    kurtd
    Community Member
    Options

It sounds like you may have the older extension that works with the old desktop version. Remove the extension and add the one from the chrome store.

• learnfpga
    learnfpga
    Community Member
    Options

Nope. The extension is
    Version 2.1.4 Updated November 8, 2021

The chrome browser is Version 96.0.4664.45 (Official Build) (64-bit)

• Hi @learnfpga:

Thanks for clarifying here. It sounds like's happening here is that the 1Password app and 1Password in your browser are getting a little confused. Generally what we would recommend is having one OS level account per person, rather than a shared OS account for multiple people with different browser profiles. However, by disabling the setting "Integrate with 1Password app" in the settings for 1Password in your browser for your children's browser profiles. To access 1Password in the browser's settings, right click the 1Password icon in the Chrome toolbar, then click Settings. This will allow 1Password in Chrome to operate completely independently of the 1Password app you have installed. Let me know how that works for you!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.