Does deleting Primary vault change anything in Dropbox?

ajahn
ajahn
Community Member

I'm really sorry for all the questions I've been asking in the last few days, but I'm trying to get the whole family, including my two kids who are home from college for the next few days, upgraded to the Family membership account.

We're all former single license users (MacBook and iPhone) using Dropbox for syncing our 1Password data. My question is pretty straightforward. After upgrading to the Family membership, we see a section in 1Password that looks like this:

As you can see, the Primary vault is ON DROPBOX. If I delete the Primary vault, does it have any effect on the data in Dropbox? Am I only deleting stuff in 1Password on the specific device? I want to keep everything in Dropbox as it was before. I assume it works that way, but I just want to be completely certain. Thank You!

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6

Comments

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member

I've deleted my Primary vault on all my devices and the vault on dropbox is still there. So I got my answer. Deleting the vault does not affect the data on dropbox.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ajahn - sorry for the slow responses over the holiday weekend. No, as you've discovered, deleting the Primary vault will not affect the actual data file in Dropbox itself, only remove that vault from 1Password. It will mean that any items you had in the Dropbox vault will no longer be available to you within 1Password unless you moved/copied them over to one of the vaults in your 1password.com account. Let us know if you have any questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.