Upgrading from stand alone v6 to web based v7

Options
michaelpearce
michaelpearce
Community Member

Can anyone tell me/reassure me that if I upgrade from my stand alone version 6 of 1Password to the web-based version 7 (and thus overwriting v6) that I will definitely be able to log in to v7 using the password I used in v6?
I am 98% certain the answer is that I will be able to do so but I am absolutely paranoid about potentially losing access to something that, I now realise, effectively allows me to run my day-to-day life.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

I just did this. I was using stand-alone 6 and upgraded to a membership (in my case, a family membership). I kept using v6 for the upgrade. It asked me to enter a master password and I used the same one I was using before. Unfortunately, I was using an 8 character password and membership requires at least 10 or more characters, so I had to change my master password (I used the same one with 2 extra characters at the end). Once I copied over my old data (from Dropbox) I updated my "app" from v6 to v7.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@michaelpearce:

Can anyone tell me/reassure me that if I upgrade from my stand alone version 6 of 1Password to the web-based version 7 (and thus overwriting v6) that I will definitely be able to log in to v7 using the password I used in v6?

There is a security requirement in 1Password.com to use a Master Password of at least 10 characters. If your existing password is already 10 characters or longer, you can then use the same one when you create your 1Password account :+1:

This discussion has been closed.