To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Does browser plugin require membership as of now?

kirneh72
kirneh72
Community Member

The message is clear that from 1password 8 a membership will be required.

But for us that have purchased standalone license for 1p 7, will chrome/edge browser plugin no longer work without a paid membership?

My plugin stopped working and the only one I can downnload now require a membership login as far as I can tell.

Or ??

1Password Version: 7.9.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.0.1

Comments

• J.M
    J.M
    Community Member
    edited November 2021

I guess you're using the classic extension, it's still possible to download it on this page : https://support.1password.com/cs/1password-classic-extension/ (look at the bottom).

Maybe a simple reinstall of the extension would work in your case, that's what I would try first.

I'm sure the classic extension will continue to work (without a membership of course). Eventually, it will be unsupported and the lack of updates could lead to the extension breaking (major browser update etc.)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@kirneh72:

My plugin stopped working and the only one I can downnload now require a membership login as far as I can tell.

J.M is correct: make sure you download the Classic Extension instead of the 1Password in the browser extension, which it sounds like you downloaded:

Get the 1Password classic extension

• kirneh72
    kirneh72
    Community Member

make sense and thats what I also thought but the extension just look like this and it appears it does no longer know I have the desktop version installed

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@kirneh72:

Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password?

You might need to also quit and relaunch Chrome once, to get the connection between the browser extension and the desktop app established again.

• kirneh72
    kirneh72
    Community Member

That did it @ag_ana

Would think a re-boot would achieve the same result but apparently not.

thanks a lot for your support.

• Thanks for the update @kirneh72. Glad to hear you're up and running.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.