How to disable 1password login popup for certain domains

How do I not show 1password login prompt when trying to login to certain domains. I don't want to save or have suggestions for work related domains.

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @ericbrian !

Actually, this is not possible with 1Password in the browser extension. You are able to block the popup via right-clicking the website, but this is only a temporary solution. Next time you open the browser and visit the website, the popup appears again.

There should be a feature request for this already, but I have no idea when this will be implemented...

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @ericbrian ,

In addition to what DenalB wrote, you might find the following setting helpful:

1. Right-click the 1Password extension icon in your browser's toolbar and select "Settings".
    2. In the settings page that opens, turn off the "Show autofill menu on field focus".
    3. Now 1Password won't show up everywhere on its own. If you need it, simply click the little 1Password icon that shows up on the right corner of the field to reveal the suggestions menu (or press the Down Arrow key on your keyboard if you prefer to work with your keyboard and not the mouse).

I hope this will provide you with a cleaner and less intrusive experience :)

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Just want to bump this feature request up... There are some requests for this feature already, so I want to ask if you could give this a higher priority on your to-do list please.

It would be great if you could specify websites / domains where the autofill popup should not appear. Actually, you are able to disable the popup on a website via right-clicking it.

But this is only a temporary solution. The same as pressing ESC on the website. Next time you open the browser and the website, the popup appears again...

Yes, you could disable the popup completely.

But that's not what I want. I want to use this popup on most of the websites I visit. It only should disappear on some of them, like my bank accounts...

As far as I remember, this was working in 1Password 7 together with the classic browser extension. But since 1Password X this was an issue and a feature request. Could you please be so kind and investigate here to give us the possibility to permanently exclude specific websites from showing the autofill popup?

• Hey @DenalB:

Thanks for all your feedback on the Support Community! 😎

I've added your thoughts to our issue on the topic.

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-293

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

You're welcome, @Jack.P_1P ! And thank you very much! 👍

• steve28
    steve28
    Community Member
    edited February 2022

I guess FWIW, I would also like to see this feature. My reason is that I have certain sites where it erroneously pops up on fields which are just data entry fields and will frequently block seeing the auto-match selections that drop down below those fields.

So I guess either stop it from popping up for non user/pass fields or allow for disabling it on a domain/host basis :)

• kevin.li
    edited February 2022

+1 @steve28.

Thanks for sharing your valuable feedback. I've added your voice to the feature request. I appreciate you taking the time to help us improve 1Password.

ref: IDEA-I-293

This discussion has been closed.