1PW icon not working

Options

When I open Firefox there is no 1PW icon in the menu bar. Nor does the 1PW extension work. I tells me to download it and then it just sits there with nothing downloaded.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @DoNotStaple ,

Is there a 1Password icon in your Firefox's toolbar? If so, please try this:

1. Right-click the extension's icon in your browser's toolbar and select "settings".
    2. Turn off the "Integrate with 1Password app" option.
    3. Test and see if clicking the extension's icon now works and allows you to unlock 1Password.

In case there's no 1Password extension icon in Firefox's toolbar, you can install it directly from here: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-browser/
    If it is installed but not visible, make sure it is enabled by going into Firefox's installed addons page (type about:addons in the address bar) and move the extension's icon to the toolbar like so: https://support.1password.com/missing-browser-button/#firefox

• DoNotStaple
    DoNotStaple
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_yaron

I have the 1PW extension icon but there is NO 1PW icon in the menu bar. Therefore I can't check "settings". Any ideas?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DoNotStaple:

You either need to install the extension first, but it might also simply be hidden. Can you first check if that is the case?

If you don’t see the 1Password icon in your browser’s toolbar

• DoNotStaple
    DoNotStaple
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana
    No luck. When I go to the more tools > customize toolbar, 1Password is not there. Any more ideas?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DoNotStaple:

Perfect, we can then try to install the extension now. What happens when you try to install it from this link? https://support.1password.com/getting-started-browser/

• DoNotStaple
    DoNotStaple
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana

Still no luck. I have the 1PW extension in the Firefox menu, but NO 1PW icon in the Firefox toolbar. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. Anymore ideas for me?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DoNotStaple:

I have the 1PW extension in the Firefox menu, but NO 1PW icon in the Firefox toolbar.

Can you please post a screenshot of this?

• DoNotStaple
    DoNotStaple
    Community Member
    Options

@ ag_ana

Here is the screenshot of the menu bar and the toolbar. As you can see there is no 1PW icon in the toolbar

• Hi @DoNotStaple:

It seems like the 1Password icon may have just not been added to your toolbar. To add it to your toolbar:

1. Click the Firefox menu in the toolbar.
    2. Click “More tools”.
    3. Click “Customize toolbar”.
    4. Drag 1Password to the toolbar.
    5. Click Done.

Let us know how that goes!

Jack

• DoNotStaple
    DoNotStaple
    Community Member
    Options

@jack.platten,

I have already done that. When I try to customize the toolbar, there is no 1PW icon there to move to the tool bar

• DoNotStaple
    DoNotStaple
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana
    I have started using Safari browser because the 1PW is already in the toolbar. It is working fine and I will use Safari instead of Firefox. Thanks for all your help.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @DoNotStaple ,

If you'd like to keep at it with Firefox, please try this:

1. Open Firefox.
    2. Type about:addons into Firefox's address bar and hit Enter. It will take you to Firefox's installed extensions page.
    3. Check and see if 1Password is listed there and is turned on/enabled. Make sure it is also set to be enabled in private browsing.

In case 1Password is not listed on that page at all, it means it is not installed in your browser. You can try downloading it from a different browser like so:

1. Open a different browser (e.g. Safari).
    2. Download the Firefox extension in it: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/downloads/file/3864061/1password-2.1.4-fx.xpi
    3. Grab the downloaded file, drag it with your mouse and drop it into Firefox's window (anywhere in the view of websites content, just not on the toolbar). That should install the extension in Firefox.
  • DoNotStaple
    DoNotStaple
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_yaron
    Your instructions worked perfectly. Now I can use Firefox again. Thank you very much

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm really glad to hear it :chuffed: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.