Okta autofill on Safari not working

Options

Since some time now (sorry, can't tell you when it started exactly) autofill stopped working on Okta login in Safari.
The login form recognises my login item and presents it, but I can't click on it. (arrow down + enter doesn't work either).

When I drag and drop the credentials from the browser plugin - where I had to look up manually BTW - the login is accepted.
I tried to use the Autofill feature from the extension but also won't login. It opens the login page but does not set my credentials.
I also tried filling my credentials and saving it as a new login from the login page. Next time it will recognise the new login item but still does not fill the form fields.

This works fine on Chrome though. I already tried disabling the Safari extension, restarted Safari and re-enabled but no success. Uninstalling the extension doesn't seem to be possible without uninstalling 1Pasword app in it's entirety which I don't feel like doing right away.

I created a GIF demo-ing this behaviour. You'll notice the credentials shown in the first seconds and I'm there, clicking away like crazy :-) !

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.9.2.BETA-3 (70902003) 1Passw
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.0.1
Referrer: forum-search:Okta autofill on Safari

Comments

• kennyvl
    kennyvl
    Community Member
    Options

No, please, not all together at once ...

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @kennyvl ,
    My apologies for missing your messages! :angry:

Would it be possible for you to share your login URL with us? If it is private, we can do it via email (support+x@1password.com).

• kennyvl
    kennyvl
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Yaron, I've taken matters in my own hands on this one and went ahead installing the Beta 8.5.0 and Safari extension version 2.1.4.
    Works fine now.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update! I am glad to hear that updating solved the issue :)

If you have any other questions or website to report, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.