Fill password causes "Error in event handler: Uncaught Message not addressed to for frame"

Options

On one specific website I can not fill the login form with 1Password.

When I do so (the right login entries are suggested by the Browser extension), nothing happens and in the console I see the error:

Error in event handler: Uncaught Message not addressed to for frame.

Browser is Brave 1.24.85 and the 1Password Extension is 2.1.4.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: Linux Ubuntu 21.10
Referrer: forum-search:Error in event handler: Uncaught Message not addressed to for frame

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @thopaw ,

Is it possible for you to share the website's login page address with us so we can test it here? If you prefer not to share it in public, we can move this conversation to email - send it to support+x@1password.com with a short description of the issue and a link to this discussion here.

• thopaw
    thopaw
    Community Member
    Options

The website is a QA stage for a system we are developing. It is protected with a basic auth and I think I can not share this

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I understand, @thopaw .

Would it be possible for you to share a screen recording of you reproducing the issue and showing the error? If so, please send it with the instructions I provided in my previous reply.

• thopaw
    thopaw
    Community Member
    Options

I think I found a problem.
    When I use the URLK with the basic auth included (https://user:password@domain) then this error occurs.
    When I remove the user:password@ from the URL it is working

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great to hear @thopaw!
    I'm glad you figured this out.

As a side note, if you open and fill the website from the 1Password extension, it should be able to log you in without showing the basic auth prompt. Simply open your browser, select the login entry for this website and click on "Open & Fill".

This discussion has been closed.