Browser extension release notes

Where can I find version histories for Safari browser extension updates? All I see is the message that the extension has been successfully installed and the basic how-to.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    The release notes for the browser extension are here:

http://cdn.agilebits.com/dist/1P/ext/release_notes.html

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Cheers,
  • mgl03
    mgl03
    Community Member
    Thanks khad, I appreciate the link.

Question
    Can your team place the Browser Extension Release Notes (change log) in a more prominent spot so that the information is easier to locate?

Some context for my question

1Password and Knox are staples of my daily routine. I track official releases by following the AgileBits blog and monitoring updates in the Mac App Store, but scan the release notes found on each product's unique page when I want details (e.g., the notes for 1Password for Mac).

Similarly, I track the minor and beta updates for the browser extension. These changes aren't announced (regularly or at all) on the blog so in the past I have searched for these details by navigating through this "unofficial" forum, the "official" support site, 1Password's User Guide, and the guide's extension, tutorial, FAQ, and knowledgebase subsections.

Over time I realized that the fastest way to view the extension's change log is to either:
    • ​Navigate to the Downloads page, then click the link buried at the end of the 1Password 3 for Mac summary; or
    • Use the "Install Browser Extensions…" option in 1Password.app even if the extension is currently installed.

To summarize
    It'd be nice if the extension release notes were as easy to find as those for AgileBits' actual "products."

It'd be especially nice if the official support site, unofficial forum and your main site all linked directly to release notes (change logs) to promote a consistent understanding of and minimize confusion about the current state of AgileBits' great products.

Either way and again, thanks for posting this link.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, mgl03!

The link to 1Password's release notes is in the Help menu:

20120907-ktm6kcgkdfqw6a4njfmmqti7ep.png

The link to the extension release notes is available in the extension's "About" section in it's settings:
    20120907-nyt3ju75qcdr917nw2xgii2jbn.png20120907-f25pqwyaxxe3cr728rqbr6hc25.png

You could also search Google for "1Password release notes" or "1Password extension release notes".

Or just bookmark the URL. ;)

Hope that helps. Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.