Extension does not appear 1Password for Mac 8.2.2 + 1Password for Safari 2.1.3 (20182)

Breznsoiza
Breznsoiza
Community Member
edited November 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I noticed today on my Mac mini M1 Big Sur 11.6 (20G165) that the Safari (15.0) extension is not loaded. Other extensions show up and are available as always. The new 1Password extension has also worked there so far.

On my MacBook Pro 2017 everything runs fine, same config but different processor architecture.

Deleting both apps, restarting and reinstalling did not bring success.
1Password for Safari does not seem to make any request to Safari.

Is there any help or fix for this?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

1Password Version: 8.2.2
Extension Version: 2.1.3
OS Version: macOS 11.6

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Breznsoiza!

I noticed today on my Mac mini M1 Big Sur 11.6 (20G165) that the Safari (15.0) extension is not loaded.

Do you mean that the extension is not appearing next to the URL bar of your browser (where it normally is), or that you don't see it at all even under Safari Preferences > Extensions tab?

• Breznsoiza
    Breznsoiza
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana,

both installed but I does not ask for permission or is visible under Safari Preferences > Extensions tab

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Breznsoiza:

I don't see the extension in the list in your screenshot, so it looks like the extension is not installed after all. Can you try installing it again and seeing if that helps?

• Breznsoiza
    Breznsoiza
    Community Member

@ag_ana on the second Window you can see the Mac App "1Password for Safari" uninstalling and reinstalling does not solve the problem.

I found a fix for myself by installing additional the latest Safari Technology Preview https://developer.apple.com/safari/technology-preview/, in SafariTP the extension install process is triggered as expect and works. After reopening the Stock Safari App now triggers the "1Password for Safari" Extension as well and works now again.

Maybe something was locked somewhere or broken on Safari system folders /database/ system files?

[SOLVED]

• jamesmcc05
    jamesmcc05
    Community Member

I am having the same problem with the 1Password Extension (2.1.3 (20182)) not showing at all in Safari 15.0. I've uninstalled 1Password 8 (80400010) and the 1Password Safari Extension app several times. Once the 1Password Safari Extension app is launched, nothing happens if you click the Open Safari Preferences button. Assuming it's either a minor glitch in the new extension app or Safari 15.0.

• Hi folks,

I apologize for the delayed follow-up. If you are still experiencing this trouble could you please try opening the Terminal app, pasting in this command, and hitting enter?

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -f -R /Applications/Safari.app

Please let me know if that resolves the issue for you.

Ben

• bwadm
    bwadm
    Community Member

I downloaded and installed 1P8 Beta (v8.5.0), and I also downloaded the additional app "1Password for Safari.app" from the Mac App Store. I do get the dialog window of "1Password for Safari" that asks me to "Open Safari Preferences", but clicking the blue button does nothing. When I manually open Safari Preferences => Extensions, there are no Extensions listed. When I did it the first time, I switched off and removed the old version for 1P7.

How to get 1P8 to work integrated in Safari?

(For Firefox and Chrome, installation of the extensions worked.)

1Password Version: 80500017
    Extension Version: 2.1.4
    OS Version: 12.0.1

• stylefrybread
    stylefrybread
    Community Member

Thank you. I had the same problem that arose after I uninstalled Safari Technical Preview. The terminal command fixed it for me as well as making visible a few other extensions I had forgotten about, but which had presumably become hidden during the uninstall as well. Thanks again.

• Thanks for the update @stylefrybread :)

Ben

• prazgod
    prazgod
    Community Member

I had this issue today, and the command provided by Ben fixed it :) Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update as well @prazgod, that is good to hear :)

• bwadm
    bwadm
    Community Member

Problem solved - got a Terminal command from 1P Support that solved the issue.

• Thanks for the update @bwadm. For anyone else coming across this, the command in question can be found in this post.

Ben

• bed
    bed
    Community Member

Thanks Ben, I also had this problem and your command resolved it :)

• goorchid
    goorchid
    Community Member

Ben-
    I have had to use your command line instruction twice now. I think, but I am not sure, after two beta macOS updates. Now, I keep a copy in notes.

• :+1: :chuffed:

• tullyhansen
    tullyhansen
    Community Member

Thanks @Ben, Terminal command fixed same issue for me with Big Sur 11.6.5 (20G527) / Safari 15.4 (16613.1.17.1.13, 16613) / 1Password for Mac 8.7.0 / 1Password for Safari 2.3.3. 🙌

(Big congrats and huge hugs to the old crew there!)

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@tullyhansen On behalf of Ben, you are welcome!

This discussion has been closed.