Can't Open Shared 1Password Item in Edge Browser

Options
SysAdminKC
SysAdminKC
Community Member

When I try to open a link to a shared 1Password item in the most current version of the Edge Browser I get an error saying it's an Outdated browser. I am able to open it in the most current version of the Chrome Browser.

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.5.0 80500020
Extension Version: version 2.1.4
OS Version: Windows 11 ver 21H2
Referrer: forum-search:Can't Open Shared Item in Edge Browser

Comments

• SysAdminKC
    SysAdminKC
    Community Member
    Options

• S.Malacarne
    S.Malacarne
    Community Member
    Options

come here to say the same thing
    Version 96.0.1054.34 (Official build) (64-bit)
    Windows 11
    1pass 8.4.1

• S.Malacarne
    S.Malacarne
    Community Member
    Options

I found the problem.
    If you turn on the "security mitigations for a more secure browser experience" (aka "super duper secure mode" https://microsoftedge.github.io/edgevr/posts/Super-Duper-Secure-Mode/ ) link sharing fails

• rob
    rob
    edited November 2021
    Options

Hey, @SysAdminKC and @S.Malacarne.

Yep, it's exactly that. As of August when that blog post was written, it was labeled an experimental feature. It's now been released to the stable channel of Edge, but it still is not compatible with WebAssembly, a feature supported in all modern browsers.

We use WebAssembly in a couple places, one of them being when you view an item shared by a 1Password user, so that feature will be broken when the new security mitigations are enabled. You are still able to send items from the 1Password web app, though. We've heard that WebAssembly support is coming soon, so here's hoping we don't need to wait too long for the issue to clear up.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience! Let us know if you notice any other problems with the new security mitigations.

• SysAdminKC
    SysAdminKC
    Community Member
    Options

@rob & @S.Malacarne Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated! I had enabled the new security mitigations setting, and forgot I had.

• rob
    Options

No problem, thanks for the update!

This discussion has been closed.