Add port number to URL filter for available logins

Comments

• MARAllMighty
    MARAllMighty
    Community Member

I have to admit I'm pretty disappointed that this has been requested and +1'd for so many years by so many people and the most that can be done is a team member giving a thumbs up and constantly saying "we're looking into it!"

Competing products offer this functionality and 1Password has been made aware of community interest. Upgrading the matching URL scheme is something that would benefit many of your technical users. Being so coy and unspecific about what it takes for a feature to be included doesn't give me much confidence that your community is being listened to. Just my two cents as a user of 5+ years.

• simphi
    simphi
    Community Member

I feel the same way. Especially since it was apparently already implemented in the Windows version if I understood the comments from page 1 correctly...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you both @MARAllMighty and @simphi, I have let our developers know that you would both like to see this implemented :+1:

• Ivar418
    Ivar418
    Community Member

+1 for me too!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Noted @Ivar418, thank you!

• Atah
    Atah
    Community Member

+1 for me too!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Noted @Atah ! :+1:

• Jeff Kingston
    Jeff Kingston
    Community Member
    edited January 2022

+1 Please implement this support for ports.

I run several applications via docker containers on my NAS. So I am always going to https://NAS_IP:PORT

1Password has no idea how to handle logins for these so I dont use 1Password for any container based applications

• Hey @Jeff Kingston

1Password should be able to fill on URLs like https://127.0.0.1:8080/ but admittedly all Login items for https://127.0.0.1/ would be shown, regardless of port. Is that not what you're finding to be the case?

Please let us know.

Ben

• squatch
    squatch
    Community Member

+1. I'd love to see support for this on macOS. Thanks!

• Hey @squatch:

I've added your feedback to the above. Thanks! :+1:

• Fleer
    Fleer
    Community Member

I would also like to see the ability to filter by port number +1

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Fleer, thanks for reaching out to us about this. I've added your feedback to our internal ticketing system. Let us know if you have any other questions!

• pops1501
    pops1501
    Community Member

just searched the internet for a solution for 1Password always showing me all logins of the domain even if I specify Ports/Paths, and found out that this is a long ongoing issue.

So my +1 to this one, it would be really handy to have the login recommendations fixed to respect paths, ports, or even query-strings.

• Hey @pops1501:

Thanks for your feedback. I've added your thoughts to our internal issue on this.

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-57

• BartjeZekers
    BartjeZekers
    Community Member

All I see is Team Members saying "Thanks for the feedback", but nothing is done with it. From my perspective, mostly users with a more technical background use password managers like this. Because google does a great job handling passwords themselves with a better user experience, but at the cost of being less secure. I only use a password manager because of the security aspect.
    For this reason, users with a technical background are more likely to use password managers. And for that audience, a separation of port numbers is a must have.
    I can't even comprehend how this is a difficult feature to implement.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @BartjeZekers, thanks for reaching out. One of our extension developers shared the reason for the URL filter limitation here.

I know that post was from a while ago, but it does provide good insight into why the feature has not yet be added. That said, it is true that we get a lot of requests for this. We do understand that many of our users, including our more technical users, can benefit from it. While we can't make any promises from here in Support, we will make sure to bring the feature request up to our developers. We will always do our best to advocate on your behalf.

In the meantime, let us know if you have any other questions or additional feedback. We appreciate your patience.

• nicp
    nicp
    Community Member

Please add a +1 from me for this feature. I signed specifically to post this request.

I have read through the technical explanation and I don't understand why there is talk about needing to decrypt every item for comparison. If hashes are already being stored of both the root domain as well as the sub domains why can't a hash also be stored of the domain:port and sub.domain:port. Then there could be a selectable option to either match inclusive of the port or without it.

I can understand why matching on the path name is more technically challenging.

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2022

Thank you for the input nicp. I'll pass along your interest in this being added as a feature to the team.

ref: IDEA-I-57

• PaidUser0011
    PaidUser0011
    Community Member

+1 was looking for port matching in the options today.

E.g. Gitlab on port 8080 - should show gitlab login only, not 10 other ones on the same domain.

Bitwarden has it - but it's quite complex to use. Would love something that "just works" by default

• Hi @PaidUser0011:

Thanks for your feedback, I'll pass it along.

Jack

• josh4
    josh4
    Community Member

Would love to have this feature. Hope it is added one day.

• rossfrederick
    rossfrederick
    Community Member

+1 for port filtering or even the ability to exclude items from a very specific web address with a port number.

• Thanks @rossfrederick, I have passed on your feedback.

• ernboto
    ernboto
    Community Member

+1 for this feature, I manage many servers where this feature would be welcomed.

• Thanks @ernboto, I have added your voice.

• mia
    mia
    Community Member

+1000 for this.

It is nothing short that a polished product like 1PW 8 can't differentiate between port numbers.

• Noted @mia, thanks for your feedback!

• phumbertodasilva
    phumbertodasilva
    Community Member

+1
    It is very important.

• lysander
    lysander
    Community Member
    edited October 2022

This thread and the feature request are **4 years old. **
    Seems the developers are not interested.