Quick Access alphabetical order

passwordsbeegone
passwordsbeegone
Community Member
edited November 2021 in Windows

I find it a struggle to get the default account I want to show up first.

Sort order has varied depending on app / extension. One I remembered put numbers last, so I added 1A to the beginning of my login I wanted first which was working fine on every platform.

Windows 8 quick access seems to ignore the 1A completely and goes to the second word after 1A. So "WORD ALPHA" is showing before "1A WORD DELTA".

Not sure the best approach to this, maybe I'll try changing it to A1.

Loving the new app, it's beautiful!

Edit: A1 worked!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @passwordsbeegone, this is an interesting observation.

Quick question: do the results that you're seeing at the top of the list in Quick Access correlate with apps you use more frequently? I'm wondering if that's a factor here. In any case, happy to investigate further for you!

• passwordsbeegone
    passwordsbeegone
    Community Member

Hi Peter, they're all the same app, just different accounts. But the one I want to show up first is the one I almost always use, but never shows up first in the extension either without the hack of putting some letters first.

• Hi @passwordsbeegone:

If there's only one account you'd like to show up at the top, favoriting it will cause it to show at the top of the Quick Access suggestions. Additionally, we've noticed that the sorting here could be a bit smoother as well, so I've noted your feedback internally to see if it could be improved in the future. Thanks again!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#11573

• passwordsbeegone
    passwordsbeegone
    Community Member

Hey @jack.platten Favouriting is a great idea and worked perfectly. I'll use this trick for quite a few accounts going forward. Thanks for the tip :)

• Hey @passwordsbeegone:

Just as an update, app suggestion results will now be sorted alphabetically in Quick Access in the most recent beta. Thanks for bringing this up, and hope you enjoy the improvement! :smile:

Jack

This discussion has been closed.