1Password can't complete update and will roll back any changes

torrch
torrch
Community Member

When I turned on my computer this morning, I get the message: "1Password can't complete update and will roll back any changes". It was an endless loop where I would click ok and a few moments later it would reappear. I had to uninstall 1password to get it to stop. I then restarted the PC and installed it from a fresh download (1password 8) and the same message appears. It no longer is in an endless loop, however it is the same message.

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 21H1

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @torrch !

Is there an Anti-Virus software which could block the update installation? Could you please check?

• torrch
    torrch
    Community Member

There is, but I checked the logs and nothing was being blocked. I disabled AV and tried again with the same result. Any other thoughts?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Which AV software you are using? Maybe there are other guys who had this issue...

• torrch
    torrch
    Community Member

Well... I just tried to install it again (4th or 5th attempt) so that I could also share a screen shot of the error... however this time it worked without an issue. Strange! I guess this issue is resolved. :)

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Strange... But thanks that it works now. ;)

• Glad to hear you were able to get it sorted @torrch! And thanks to @DenalB for the assist! :smile:

Jack

This discussion has been closed.