1PW insists on offering to fill DarkSky location bar, but, in fact, can't do it.

Options
  1. Note that it's nearly time to walk the dog, so go to https://darksky.net/ to see just how wet you're going to get.
  2. Click the location bar at the top to type where you live (unless you just happen to live in 1 City Hall, New York)
  3. 1Password insists on popping up- covering DarkSky's useful list of last used locations- demanding to be unlocked, and offers you your saved addresses:

1. Really, it shouldn't have done that. But now it's done that you give it the benefit of the doubt and click on one of said addresses:

1. And you admire how it totally fails to fill it the location bar it was soo desperate to fill; so you dismiss it and start again.

Honestly - I'd rather just disable 1Password myself on DarkSky; but a quick browse of this forum reveals that the folks at 1Password seem to feel like implementing such a thing would bring an end to society as we know it :sarcastic:, so instead, can we get a fix so 1Password doesn't break Darksky?

1Password Version: 7.9.1
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: macOS 12.0.1

Comments

• thomasmichaelwallace
    Options

n.b. this happens even if you've attempted to use the 'browser context > 1Password > hide on this page' feature...

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @thomasmichaelwallace ,
    Thanks for reporting this.

We're trying to reproduce it here but 1Password doesn't show up inside that address field in any browser we test it on.
    Can you please reproduce the issue, then right-click anywhere on the page -> 1Password -> Collect page structure -> Download the file it asks you to and send it over to support+x@1password.com with a short description of the problem and a link to his discussion?

Thank you :)

P.S.
    You can dismiss 1Password at any point by clicking the little 1Password icon that shows up on the right corner of the field. That icon toggles the suggestions menu on and off on demand.

• thomasmichaelwallace
    Options

Thanks- I've now done that.

The fact you can't reproduce it makes the inability to disable 1Password on a domain / have the 'hide on this page' option persist between sessions especially annoying.

I appreciate I can dismiss 1Password at any point; but honestly, I would rather I didn't have to.

• Hello @thomasmichaelwallace,

Thank you for sending us an email. Let us continue our conversation there, and we can update the results here after.

ref: SSZ-82117-534

This discussion has been closed.