Migrating Large/Complex Lastpass Instance to 1Password

Good morning - I am looking to connect with anyone who has experience migrating an Enterprise Lastpass instance to 1Password. Our Lastpass instance has several thousand shared items and hundreds of shared folders. The problem I am running into is how to correctly migrate all the permissions. I am aware of the CLI Lastpass tool to show the individual permissions, but am hoping there is some other method I may not be aware of. Thanks in advance for any advice or insight!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @FormerLastPassAdmin,

For help with migrating your team from LastPass to 1Password, I encourage you to contact our Go To Market team, who you can reach at business@1password.com. They can help you come up with an action plan and make the transition smoother. Feel free to include a link to this thread with your email message so they can connect the dots: https://1password.community/discussion/125418/migrating-large-complex-lastpass-instance-to-1password

• Thanks Max, I am of course talking with the implementation folks but haven't been able to gather much detail on how to get our data OUT of LastPass (which is to be expected, given that it is not your product). Therefore, I was wondering if there's anyone here who has gone through this process before who may have some additional visibility on that end.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@FormerLastPassAdmin:

I am of course talking with the implementation folks but haven't been able to gather much detail on how to get our data OUT of LastPass (which is to be expected, given that it is not your product).

We have a guide that might help here:

Move your data from LastPass to 1Password

There are also steps to export data from LastPass which we try to keep up-to-date :) But your migration seems more complex than a simple export, so our Go To Market team can definitely help with that :+1:

This discussion has been closed.