Filling in credit card not working like it used to

Options
ajahn
ajahn
Community Member
edited December 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I'm checking out on a website. I right-click on the credit card field and select 1password in the popup menu.

In v6 I could select credit cards and then select the CC I wanted to use.
But now in v7, it takes me to the mini window and my credit cards are not there. How do I fill in my CC?

Thanks

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.6

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ajahn:

Extension Version: Not Provided

What version of the 1Password browser extension are you using in this browser? Depending on that, there might be an easier way to fill credit cards.

In the meantime, you can get to your credit card list by clicking on this menu:

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana ,
    I am using extension 4.7.5.90 in Chrome. What would I do after clicking where the pointer is pointing?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ajahn:

What would I do after clicking where the pointer is pointing?

Select the Credit Cards category from the dropdown menu that appears, and from there click on the credit card that you want to fill.

Alternatively, please consider using the new 1Password in the browser extension, with which credit card suggestions will appear directly below the credit card fields for quicker filling:

Get started with 1Password in your browser

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I name all my credit cards as Credit Card - (name of provider) and then, when I want to fill in the card on a site, just type cre in the Search All Vaults line to get them.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@danco:

Thank you for the suggestion. Out of curiosity, are you also using the classic extension, rather than the latest 1Password in the browser extension?

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I think I am on the classic extension, but am not sure. In t he Extensions section of Safari preferences, it says 1Password in the sidebar and 1Password 7.9.1 in the detailed pane.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@danco:

Thank you for the confirmation! If you are using Safari, there should be a quicker way to fill your credit cards: they should appear directly in an inline menu below credit card fields:

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    edited December 2021
    Options

I didn't realize that the extension I was using wasn't the new one. I just updated to 1Password – Password Manager 2.1.4. Curious that this version is newer than my old extension (version 4.7.5.90). I do love the new one. Very nice. I installed the plugin after upgrading to our membership. I wonder why it installed an older version? Thanks for the suggestion.

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

Just to add... Now that I have the new extension, I can see the little 1p icon in the text field. Very cool.

• Glad to hear you like it @ajahn! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.