How To Revert Back To Version 7.9.828, Issues With Version 8.x

Options
Greg1634z3
Greg1634z3
Community Member

I'm installing 1P on new laptops for everyone in mccutchans.org. I logged on to my account in a browser and used the get apps functionality. Somehow I ended up on a NIGHTLY update channel and v8. Neither of these is desired or will be tolerated. I changed the update channel to production but I really want off of v8. How do I do for everyone?

Here's why I want off of 8. I've had sync issues many times in the past, worked with advanced support for many hours. I depend on the counts of items to tell me I have a complete sync. They are gone in 8 or can't find out how to get them back. I won't ever trust an un-auditable sync.

Also the text size is ridiculously large. I try very much to use 1P as a floating window and not full screen. This is just not dense enough and will end up having to use full screen. I don't like having to change my usage behavior for no discernable valuable attributes other than someone went to a lot of trouble to make it pretty. I hate pretty over usable.

Third, how on earth did I end up on the nightly channel and get that code level tonight by default?? That has to be pretty close to a beta tester which I did not sign up for. We see this happening all over. I'm starting a software company and the amount of work we are doing for free for our supplier vendors because of this behavior is just going up and up and our value based on dependable services for our business over bucks spent going down and down. Everyone I talk to is experiencing the same. You can't and should not push some of your development cost on us. We will NEVER EVER do this to our enterprise industrial IoT customers. I have another account for the company and you are in hold mode for deploy right now till we work this out. At a minimum deliver a well vetted download and guide a customer if they want to be on the hip channel.

To your credit, 1P has been nicely low maintenance until now. I'm a little grouchy tonight but I hope can give you some good feedback here. At lease bring back the counts. I can live with my data in a less desirable form but I can't live without all my data and knowing it's there. As I input the version number below, I see that I am significantly behind on versions. This now is a rock and a hard place. While not happy with jump forward, concerned that did not get notified of updates. Now wonder if running vulnerable code. We are under a nation state level malware campaign and working with our storage appliance vendor's development team, just days before we may get an NSF grant which we are not ready to execute on because of the attack. A peak at why we want stability right now above everything.

Greg

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Greg1634z3

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty. 1Password 8 for Windows is the currently shipping stable version, but you shouldn't have gotten a nightly build. We've identified the issue there and will have a fix out soon so folks following that link in the future won't run into the same problem.

Here's why I want off of 8. I've had sync issues many times in the past, worked with advanced support for many hours. I depend on the counts of items to tell me I have a complete sync. They are gone in 8 or can't find out how to get them back. I won't ever trust an un-auditable sync.

There are two things I think we can improve here. For one, yes, hopefully we can get item counts back into the UI. I've added your voice to that request. Additionally I've been advocating for a sync status / connectivity indicator. 🤞

Also the text size is ridiculously large. I try very much to use 1P as a floating window and not full screen. This is just not dense enough and will end up having to use full screen. I don't like having to change my usage behavior for no discernable valuable attributes other than someone went to a lot of trouble to make it pretty. I hate pretty over usable.

I'll pass that feedback to our design team. :)

How do I do for everyone?

As far as deploying the desired version our to everyone, I'd encourage you to get in touch with our business team at business@1password.com. They'll be best equipped to discuss the specific options available for company-wide deployment.

To your credit, 1P has been nicely low maintenance until now. I'm a little grouchy tonight but I hope can give you some good feedback here.

Very happy and truly appreciative to receive the feedback. Thank you for both the kind words and the constructive criticism.

Ben

• Ben
    Options

To add, one of my colleagues mentioned that the Control minus ( ⌘- on Mac) keyboard shortcut should work to decrease the font size. Conversely Control plus increases it.

Ben

• Greg1634z3
    Greg1634z3
    Community Member
    Options

It's been too long to get back to you but appreciate adding my feedback to user voice. I've used the new version for a while now and can truly see all the work that went into the user experience driven from the chrome extension. Its much more functional now. Feel free to close this. I'm having some new issues but let's open another thread to help the user base. Greg

• Hi @Greg1634z3:

Thanks for your kind feedback as we work to iterate on 1Password 8. :smile:

Jack

This discussion has been closed.