Unable to log in after upgrade to v8

licenced
licenced
Community Member
edited November 2021 in Windows

Hi,

Seems to be a similar problem to this thread during the beta but I cannot find a work around.

I have upgraded to v8 with no problem on my personal home computer and work laptop. However I am having trouble on my two work machines (one a VM, one physical, both Win10).

Everything works fine before upgrade on 1Password 7. I run the installer for v8 - it runs no problem and opens showing that its picked up my account details and asking for the password. I enter the password and get the message "We weren't able to sign in to your account. Maybe there's a typo? Check your sign-in and try again."

I've rebooted and still the same. If I try the "Sign in with a different account" option and enter all the account details the same message is seen. If I uninstall and go back to v7 everything is fine again.

I can sign in successfully on https://my.1password.com/home and, as mentioned, in v7 if I roll back.

I enabled 2FA yesterday, not sure if this is a factor?

1Password Version: 8 (latest installer downloaded)
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: Win10 1803

Comments

• licenced
    licenced
    Community Member

Have just emailed support+windows@1Password.com with this as per a previous thread from a few days ago

• Hi @licenced , I'm sorry to hear that you've run into this issue - this is indeed something we're currently working on. Thanks for messaging us at support+windows@1Password.com. We're happy to help you over there!

• ArthurAlston
    ArthurAlston
    Community Member

Hi - I have the same issue with my work PC (Windows 10). But not on my Mac or any iOS devices.

I will also send you an email with a link to this discussion.

• Thank you @ArthurAlston. We'll be more than happy to provide customized help for you over there! 👍

• timeforcoffee
    timeforcoffee
    Community Member

I have the same issue on a fresh install on Windows 11. Appears to be related to the MFA (Duo) prompt opened in MS Edge - I can complete the MFA after which the browser asks me to login to my vault and opens it online but the native app just stays on the Sign In form.
    This is affecting all users in our org, have sent an email with link to this discussion.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @timeforcoffee, I see your emails :+1: We will get back to them as soon as possible.

ref: IAU-15225-381

• timeforcoffee
    timeforcoffee
    Community Member

I can confirm the latest beta (8.5) resolves this issue. Thank you!

• Hi @timeforcoffee:

Glad to hear it :smile: If you need anything in the future, don't hesitate to get in touch!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.