Saving a copy of all data from 1Password locally just in case I decide to come back one day

ttim03
ttim03
Community Member
edited December 2021 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I am in the process of switching over to a different password manager and wanted to save all my data so it is ready for me if I ever decide to come back to 1Password in the future. How would I go about doing this please? Highly doubtful but at least the option will be there.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @ttim03:

While we're sad to see you go, and do hope you you give us a try again in the future, this is definitely something that you can do. If you're using a 1Password account currently, if it is frozen due to a 1Password subscription lapsing, you'll still have access to all of your items and can copy information out of it as needed. To safely store access to this frozen 1Password account, storing a copy of your Emergency Kit with your account password in a secure location, like a safe or safety deposit box would allow you to access your 1Password account if you do decide to come back.

Let me know if that works, or if you need some more help!

Jack

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    edited December 2021

Kinda I prefer to somehow save a local copy of it if possible please? I am getting rid of my 1Password account totally I think. That or at least deleting all logins from it. If easily done.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ttim03:

In that case you can use the instructions here:

How to export data from 1Password

Make sure you store this file safely in the future, since it will be unencrypted!

This discussion has been closed.