Where is password history? Where is the password generator? This new system is not user friendly!

Options
mrgwinn
mrgwinn
Community Member
edited December 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I go to change a password. 1password suggests a password, I click to update, but that password is not loaded into my account. And there is now password history even though it says the password was changed?! So I have to go and reset the password because I currently don't know what it is. Then I try to use the password generator. Where is it? I'm not fond of this new system at all. I find it frustrating.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Could we please go back to the old 1Password? Where is the password generator?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mrgwinn!

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided

Can you please let us know these version details so we understand the configuration you are using? Thank you!

• mrgwinn
    mrgwinn
    Community Member
    Options

2021 MacBook Pro 14’, 11’ iPad, and iPhone 13. I’m running Monterey and 1Password 7.9.1. All Apps are up to date. I use Safari and Chrome. Some of my issues - I log into 1Password yet when I click to fill a password in Safari or Chrome and I have to log in again which takes me away from the page I’m on and then I have to go back to the page?! Most times the username and password won’t fill if I click auto fill, I have to copy an paste. I’ve now changed passwords on several sites. 1Password asks to save the password but it doesn’t save it. The password is entered but the old password remains and I have to ask to get he password changed. It is just not intuitive anymore. I not copy the password I’m changing to Notes, change it, then change it in 1Password. And where is the password generator? I used to use it all the time.

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

I ran into similar issues where the changed password didn't get updated. A team member sent me the following link that I used to test things: https://fill.dev/
    What version of the Chrome plugin are you using. i was using an older one and switching to the new one (1Password – Password Manager 2.1.4) worked better. In that one, you click on the little key to open the password generator.

• Hello @ajahn. Thank you for the clarification. I want to add that you can also find the password history of a login item by opening the 1Password desktop app > Search for the item you want to find old passwords > Select the down chevron icon at the end of the password field > View Password History.

However, in @mrgwinn 's case, you can find the suggested password by selecting the 1Password icon in the browser toolbar > Select the key icon at the top right corner > Select "Generator History" button at the bottom > Search for the website you use suggested password and you should see the password there.

This discussion has been closed.