iPadOS & iOS Safari Extension Bug + All Vaults Issue

Options
byndpass
byndpass
Community Member

Congrats on the release of the new extension! Unfortunately, there are a couple bugs/issues:

• On iPadOS, tapping the extension icon > All Accounts icon > Settings does not open any settings, and instead opens the Apple Start Page with no 1Password actions available. On iOS, this same process prompts to open this page in 1Password app, but not on iPadOS.

• On both iPadOS and iOS, the extension does not respect the app’s settings for “vaults included in all vaults.” All vaults are shown regardless of being toggled on or off.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• elyscape
    elyscape
    Community Member
    Options

On both iPadOS and iOS, the extension does not respect the app’s settings for “vaults included in all vaults.” All vaults are shown regardless of being toggled on or off.

I am experiencing this issue as well.

• byndpass
    byndpass
    Community Member
    Options

Can anyone from the team please comment on this? Today’s update did not address either of these issues.

• Hello @byndpass, @elyscape, and @shaun3000 ! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you ran into issues with 1Password for Safari. The Settings link not working on iPads is a known issue that our developers are investigating. It seems to be caused when using an external keyboard with an iPad. Can you try to disconnect the external keyboard as a troubleshooting step?

On both iPadOS and iOS, the extension does not respect the app’s settings for “vaults included in all vaults.” All vaults are shown regardless of being toggled on or off.

At the moment 1Password for Safari will search all of the vaults in your 1Password account regardless of the vaults selected for "All Vaults" in the 1Password app itself. I'll add all of your names to our internal tracking item for this issue to let our developers know that you would like to see this changed. :)

ref: dev/core/core#10017

ref: dev/core/core#9873

• byndpass
    byndpass
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P yes, removing the attached keyboard does successfully launch 1Password. But the issue persists from the below thread:

https://1password.community/discussion/comment/620747#Comment_620747

1Password will not unlock. So after removing the keyboard, the extension in the URL bar will open the app, but returning to Safari, the extension remains locked and unusable.

• Hey @byndpass:

Glad to hear removing the keyboard worked for you. We're investigating the issue you're experiencing still, but here's some steps to try for now:

1. Fully close Safari on iOS.
    2. Fully close 1Password on iOS.
    3. Open and unlock the main 1Password app from your home screen.
    4. Open Safari and go to any webpage.
    5. Tap on the AA icon in the address bar.
    6. Tap on 1Password in the menu.
    7. Follow the prompt to unlock 1Password for Safari with your account password.

Let me know if that works for you!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.