Why is there no "OPEN and FILL" for the Android app?

jmjm
jmjm
Community Member

I very often select OaF when using 1P in the browser (Chrome) but this doesn't seem to be an option for the Android app. Do I have that right?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @jmjm:

Glad to see you again. Yes, you're exactly right. Open and Fill is only available on the browser, not on Android.

Jack

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member

Glad to see you again

Well that is nice of you to say so @jack.platten :) .

So maybe to simple of an inquiry but I just want to know the intended mechanics of using the Android app.

Lets say one wants to use a log in using one's phone that of course exists in one's 1P account. Do people first open the 1P Android app and search for the appropriate log in and select WEBSITE etc?

• Jack.P_1P
    edited December 2021

Hey @jmjm:

:smile: When using 1Password for Android, using your browser to navigate to the site you'd like to log in to (or opening the app for the service if using the app) and relying on Autofill would be the best bet. Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member
    edited December 2021

Just curious...why not instead open up 1P on your phone, go to the desired login in the vault and click on WEBSITE?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jmjm:

I can only speak personally, but for me that would take longer: I am almost never inside the 1Password app when I use my phone, I am instead always using the browser, and it's just much quicker to use 1Password from within the browser directly since I am there all the time. Otherwise every time I visit a new website I would have to go back to 1Password and launch the new website from there.

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member

I always enjoy hearing about how others actually use 1P....thanks @ag_ana.

(But when you are using say 1P in the browser do you use "OPEN and FILL" then?)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jmjm:

(But when you are using say 1P in the browser do you use "OPEN and FILL" then?)

Personally no, I always visit the website first, and then use 1Password to fill the credentials. I never use the Open and Fill feature.

This discussion has been closed.