Remove "Get 50% off for 3 years" ad

aconachey
aconachey
Community Member

Recently, within the app (version 7.9.1), I notice there's an ad at the bottom of the sidebar advising me to "Get 50% off for 3 years."

I already paid for a license. If I want to buy a subscription, I'll do that through your website.

No thanks. I'm really pissed off that I'm seeing this in an app that I paid good money for.

How do I remove this in-app advertisement?

1Password Version: 7.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.6.1

Comments

• Hi @aconachey:

Thanks for reaching out about this. We're absolutely excited about how 1Password 8 works with a 1Password membership, and we decided that 1Password 8 would be membership only (For more specifics on this, here's a post by our founder Dave Teare) and wanted to make sure customers were ready when it launches.

We collected very little information about our buyers of a 1Password license at the time of purchase. Combined with the fact that we don't collect telemetry from the 1Password app itself, there are very few options for notifying license users of 1Password 7 that memberships were the way forward, while ensuring it was something they would definitely see.

With that in mind however, I can completely understand why it's frustrating seeing this notification. 1Password for Mac 7.9.2, currently in beta, adds the ability for you to dismiss the notification.

Jack

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member

I have to agree. I signed up for a Family membership and got the 50% discount. So, I already have it, so can we get rid of the ad? :-)

• Nogbad The Bad
    Nogbad The Bad
    Community Member

Please remove this its annoying to say the least.

I purchased a license for 1Password for Mac and wouldn't expect to see it and if I was expecting it I'd have expected some way to remove it.

Not happy.

• @ajahn

Once you've removed all standalone vaults the message will disappear.

Ben

• Hi folks,

In the beta we've added the following:

Added a dismiss button to the migration offer and a way to bring it back via Help menu. {#5562}

This will be available in the next stable release.

Ben

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the feedback @harczuk :+1: :)

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member

I just noticed that the ad is no longer in the app.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.