Is the Apple App Store for Mac the only source of 1Password for Safari?

Options

Is there a download link on the Agile website to access 1Password for Safari?

I searched, but could not find it.
If it does not exist - why?

1Password Version: 80500017
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: 12.0.1

Comments

• Hi @bwadm:

You've hit the nail on the head here. Because 1Password for Safari is a Safari App Extension, the only way it is available to download is using the App Store. Let me know if you have any further questions!

Jack

• bwadm
    bwadm
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the Info.
    (I prefer the former extension available for 1P7 - 7.9.2-BETA3 is still doing it's job on my MBP, so I can compare. The former version is for me significantly better than 2.1.4 of 1Password for Safari together with 1P8 which I have running on my iMac.)

• You're very welcome @bwadm!

We're always interested in feedback, would you mind sharing what you dislike about 1Password for Safari?

Jack

• Hello @bwadm,

Thank you for getting back. If you don't mind, can you please share some reasons why you think the desktop app-dependent 1Password extension works better than the new "1Password for Safari"?

• bwadm
    bwadm
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jack, hi Nhat,
    it sums up from many details. There are quite some features missing in the main App when one compares 1P7 to 1P8 (I use 1P only on Mac and iPhone, not on other systems). Also, often there are more clicks/actions required to reach the same goal. To name a few points (neither sorted nor a complete list):

• no item count in side bar
    • much less detail to configure in Preferences (it is even impossible to move/re-locate the Prefs window!)
    • the items column does not display the date created but the username. Since the username is VERY often an email address that I know anyway, valuable information is hidden
    • "view password history" does not work since it does not respond to "display" (un-conceal) password

In addition, I HATE that the move-over process from a vault in DropBox to a 1Password account (that was required to use 1P8) killed all "last modified dates" of my about 450 items.

Bests, BW

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you kindly for the feedback here @bwadm !
    Much appreciated :)

• bwadm
    bwadm
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the positive reply.
    When reading again, I realise that the points mentioned are addressing 1P8 vrs 1P7, and not the extension "1Password for Safari" as such. Sorry for that lack of separation of topics.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's ok @bwadm .
    I've forwarded your feedback to the 1Password 8 team regardless :+1:

This discussion has been closed.