To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Forgot password - 1P is open on my Mac (using Touch ID). I want to reset my password.

Options

Forgot password - 1P is open on my Mac (using Touch ID). I want to reset my password. The first step requires entering my old password. When I enter the password I have saved in 1P, it says it is the wrong password. How can I either reset my password, or recover the password that 1P sees?
1Password 7
Version 7.9.1 (70901007)
1Password Store

1Password Version: 7.9.1
Extension Version: 7.9.1
OS Version: macOS Big Sur 11.6
Referrer: forum-search:forgot master password

Comments

• Hi @Wind_Rider_65:

I'm sorry you're running into trouble with your password. While you aren't able to reset your password to unlock 1Password without you knowing it, it's good that you can currently unlock 1Password for Mac with Touch ID.

This guide has the steps to follow in this situation: If you forgot your 1Password account password or you can't unlock the app

It's important to note that your ability to unlock 1Password for Mac with Touch ID will eventually expire, so if you aren't able to locate a Login item named "1Password Account" that contains your account password, exporting your data would be your next step to avoid losing access to your data. Let me know if you run into any trouble along the way, and I'll be happy to help.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.