1Password for Mac Deleted Items Folder Confusion, Please Help!

Options
Joelc
Joelc
Community Member

I am a long time user but am now very confused!

I am running 1Password for Mac 8.5.0 and 1Password for Windows 7.9.828 (I cannot move to version 8 as I am running 32-bit Windows)!

I went through the arduous task of cleaning up all the stuff that had accumulated in 1Password over 10+ years. I moved all the information that I had not used in years to the 1Password for Mac Archive folder and left it there for a few weeks to see whether I missed any of it. I then moved all of it from the 1Password for Mac Archive folder to the Deleted folder with the intention of deleting it only to discover that I could not find any way of deleting it!

In an effort to delete this information I then went to 1Password for Windows with the hope that I could delete the information in the Deleted folder from the 1Password for Windows version. I could not even find / see the Deleted folder in 1Password for Windows let alone deleted it.

Would appreciate answers to the following:

1. 1Password for Mac: How do I delete the information that is in the Deleted folder?

2. 1Password for Windows: How do I see the Deleted folder or why do I not see the Deleted folder??

Thanks.

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15

Comments

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

I found it on the 1password.com (web). Open the vault where you have deleted items, then look for the button in the left panel at the bottom.

Click it and you will see a popup with all the deleted items.

• Joelc
    Joelc
    Community Member
    edited December 2021
    Options

@ ajahn, I thank for that now, how do I delete them which is my end goal!

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

In the popup, click the Destroy button.

Then confirm

• Joelc
    Joelc
    Community Member
    Options

@ajahn , appreciate the added response and solution to my problem. A sincere thank you!

Two things for anyone from 1Password who is monitoring this:

1. It would be nice to be able to delete this items from within 1Password for Mac / Windows.

2. It would be nice to have a bulk delete command rather than 1 at a time.

And while we are on it, why can I not see the Deleted folder in 1Password for Windows?

Thanks to all!

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

@Joelc , I agree about the need for a bulk delete command. One at a time is a pain. Maybe an edit button that lets you check all the items you wish to delete. I'm sure 1passowrd support will chime in on Monday.

• Joelc
    Joelc
    Community Member
    Options

@ajahn , agreed on both! Let's hope that 1Password chimes in on both issues.

• Hi @Joelc and @ajahn !

We do have plans in place to support deleting items from within 1Password 8 for Mac / Windows both in bulk and one at a time. Although I do not know exactly when these features will be implemented, I can say that they are in the works :)

As far as not being able to see the Deleted folder in 1Password 7 for Windows, we currently do not support permanently deleting items within the 1Password 7 app. For both 1Password 7 in Mac and Windows, you will need to navigate to the web browser to view and permanently delete your items.

Thank you for your questions, and for using 1Password! :chuffed:

• Joelc
    Joelc
    Community Member
    Options

@emily.georgakopoulos Appreciate the update and look forward to having that new capability! Also happy that I was not missing anything!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.